LED high bays have many benefits. It is important for prospective buyers to know about both the advantages and disadvantages of LED high bay lights before they consider buying one. This guide will provide you with all the information that you need about LED high bay lights so as to enable you to make an informed decision.
Advantages of LED High Bay Lights
- Compatible: The main advantage of LED high bay lights is the fact that they are compatible with all types of fixtures and have been designed with keeping view the daily need of both commercial and domestic buildings.
- No UV Radiation: It is remarkable that LED high bay lights do not give out any UV radiation. The LED light is dimmable and it does not emit any EV rays. It is something that sets it apart from traditional lamps which have a hazardous effect on our environment in the long run. LEDs are environment friendly and have no harmful effects.
- Increased Life Cycle: Another great advantage of LED high bay lights is the fact that they have a longer life cycle. All types of lights come with a life cycle that is normally represented in terms of the expected number of hours it would be able to work. Now, we know that LED has a better life cycle but the fact is that it has an age which is 50 times of a normal bulb. This means that it is extremely durable and cost effective in the long run.
- Saves Electricity: Perhaps, the main reason why people buy LED high bay lights is due to the fact that they save energy. The usage of the lighting helps save energy every time you use it. It also leads to lower electricity bills. The AC bills would also be minimized since the LEDs are a much cooler option as compared to other bulbs as they do not give out heat waves. Hence, the atmosphere would be cooler and it would lead to a reduced consumption of energy by the air-conditioner.
- Higher Price: A basic reason why people might shy away from LED high bay lights is due to the fact that they are priced higher as compared to traditional lighting. However, it is only a cost in the short run.
- Might Not be Feasible for Certain Situations: LED high bay lights are perfect for common situations but do not meet the lumen requirements of every type of situation. It is nevertheless uncommon for such situations to exist and could only be applicable in unforeseen contingencies.
The advantages of LED high bay lights outweigh the disadvantages. Even though, the lighting might seem more expensive, over the long term, they will provide many cost savings which would make them the affordable choice.